About Me

My photo
I am 20 years old at Springfield College. I started Crossfit in the winter of 2008 and have went on and off with that and P90x. But since the summer of 2009 until summer of 2011 I did Crossfit then switched to Strength and Conditioning. I Played soccer lacrosse basketball and ran track throughout my life. I played lacrosse at Endicott but I was injured and did not play the entire season. Another passion is strength and conditioning which has changed my life for the better. My midterm goal is to compete in a powerlifting competition, run an ultra and run the Boston Marathon, and my ultimate long term goal is to become a Strength and Conditioning coach, a lacrosse coach, and to open my own Strength and Conditioning gym as well as break the record for bench press at 165lbs bw. Along with training for my goals I enjoy pushing my body to its limits and seeing what the human body is capable of by doing activities that require a lot of physical and mental aspects.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Little CF Action

Press
5x95
2x135
2x5x155
9x155pr

Chin Ups
2x15

Amrap 10
250m Row
25 Push Ups
6rds

Body: Good minus hip
Sleep: 9hrs
Nutrition: good lots of protein
Notes: Today we are up to 155 for our press. I think this was my 5rep max when we started maybe a little bit more but definitely close and I crushed it for 9 reps. I love how this program keeps ramping up and I keep crushing prs. I really wish I could get back to squatting but that will have to wait for a while I guess. I decided to hit up a little crossfit action since I will be going back to some form of crossfit after my surgery sometime in Jan. or Feb. I felt really good with my bodyweight movement...the push ups. And the row sucks as usual. I was breathing hard and the heart was pounding but I feel like I have not lost a lot of conditioning since I started strength training. Really cool to be testing my body like this and seeing how I respond. I am expecting to be pretty sore tomorrow but we will see. I also had a decent workout in my lifeguard class this morning. Our daily routine is mon wed fri when I have the class we do a 10 lap warm up on an olympic pool then right into doing rescues and working on victims that attack you and then we do some lifeguard test. It is a really good workout heart is usually pounding throughout it which is pretty cool and I am learning a lot. Swimming will be incorporated in metcons in the future after this class is over this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment