About Me

My photo
I am 20 years old at Springfield College. I started Crossfit in the winter of 2008 and have went on and off with that and P90x. But since the summer of 2009 until summer of 2011 I did Crossfit then switched to Strength and Conditioning. I Played soccer lacrosse basketball and ran track throughout my life. I played lacrosse at Endicott but I was injured and did not play the entire season. Another passion is strength and conditioning which has changed my life for the better. My midterm goal is to compete in a powerlifting competition, run an ultra and run the Boston Marathon, and my ultimate long term goal is to become a Strength and Conditioning coach, a lacrosse coach, and to open my own Strength and Conditioning gym as well as break the record for bench press at 165lbs bw. Along with training for my goals I enjoy pushing my body to its limits and seeing what the human body is capable of by doing activities that require a lot of physical and mental aspects.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Disappointment at the TARC 6 Hour Challenge

TARC 6 Hour Challenge
Dropped after 2 laps at 2hrs and 54 mins
12.8 miles

Body: ankles fucked
Sleep: 5.5 hrs
Nutrition: race day shit
Notes: Well I am not really even going to give this a write up because to me it is a disappointment and doesn't deserve one just a short summary will do. I started the race conservative and really was moving well nothing exciting or anything on my first lap of the race. I felt great and was really into my music and mentally I was right where I wanted to be just having a great time. I got back to the aid station at about 1hr 22 mins and I thought that would be a solid pace to rock the entire race. I did what I needed to do at the aid station and then off for lap two. This is when my ankle really started to bother me. Turning right in any way was as much pain as I have felt since I broke my ankle in high school, but mentally I some how turned it off and completely shut it off for most of the lap. I really do not know how I did this but it was pretty amazing. I was once again feeling great and not the least bit tired or mentally drained. I then hit the last mile or so of this loop and began to become very hungry and lethargic....that is what I get for not eating solid food after the first lap. I got back to the aid station and crushed 2 pb+js and some snickers as well as a lot of water and refilled the handheld with half gu brew and half water. I started to walk around and my ankle decided to shoot all of the pain it could all at once and I almost went down...now I have played threw broken and sprained ankles and never felt a pain like this before, it was absolutely awful. I popped some advil waited 15 minutes or so and still was in excruciating pain. I said fuck it and just went out for the third loop and about 100 yards in my leg totally gave out due to the amount of pain I was in it was kind of a weird feeling to be honest like the cns just got overloaded or something. I decided right then that I needed to call it and it was the hardest and most frustrating thing I have had to do because I was on my way to running 27 to 28 miles and my mental state was no where near its limits. I am in no way making excuses I know there is no excuse so I have to learn from this and get some xrays on my ankles and see what I can do to heal them up. All in all it was very disappointing for me because I know I can finish and I know I can run that 27 to 28 mile mark in that race with out any problem. Good experience but just makes me want to finish that shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment