About Me

My photo
I am 20 years old at Springfield College. I started Crossfit in the winter of 2008 and have went on and off with that and P90x. But since the summer of 2009 until summer of 2011 I did Crossfit then switched to Strength and Conditioning. I Played soccer lacrosse basketball and ran track throughout my life. I played lacrosse at Endicott but I was injured and did not play the entire season. Another passion is strength and conditioning which has changed my life for the better. My midterm goal is to compete in a powerlifting competition, run an ultra and run the Boston Marathon, and my ultimate long term goal is to become a Strength and Conditioning coach, a lacrosse coach, and to open my own Strength and Conditioning gym as well as break the record for bench press at 165lbs bw. Along with training for my goals I enjoy pushing my body to its limits and seeing what the human body is capable of by doing activities that require a lot of physical and mental aspects.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Taking a Look Back

Since I just had my 500th post I thought it would be nice to take a look back on some of the highlights from the past year and a half and how they will affect my future. Back in January of 2010 is when I first began blogging and I started off with crossfit strength bias. I loved the program and that is what really sparked my interest in strength training. Moving into Feb I hit my first 405 deadlift and was pretty pumped about that. I then switched to regular crossfit getting ready for my senior year of lacrosse. I took a break from blogging during the season but got right back at it in June. Starting in June I had mono (which is how my season ended) and I took a few weeks of resting. This experience began to teach me how to listen to my body but I still did not learn that to the fullest. Moving into July I started experimenting with crossfit football and preparing for my college lax season in the fall. One thing that I still remember from that summer is in August when I did griff and was not happy with my time. I focused hard on my endurance for 3 weeks and then hit it again as the last workout of the summer and beat my time. It was a great feeling and made me realize that I can focus on different parts of training at different times. September and October I trained cfsb and also had lacrosse fall ball. I was over training but still pushed through it which was so stupid. Beginning in october I started on another running fetish where I ran on trails a good amount and really enjoyed it. December 22nd and 23rd was a special day to say the least. Ben and I completed the 24 hour crossfit endurance challenge. This was probably the hardest thing that I have ever done. Physically it was not but mentally it was unbelievably hard. We are trying to make it a yearly thing but this year may have to be delayed pending my surgery and how I heal from it. It could be my first real test of the ankle which is what I am hoping for. All in all that was a great experience. January of 2011 comes around and I am now training for lacrosse. At the end of the month it is time for the regular season. This is where I learned a big lesson. I was training hard a long with practice and looking back on it, it was such a stupid decision and I should have seen the injury coming. February 17th was the day it happened. Leading up to the recurring injury I was lifting and crossfitting pretty much every day. This day I deadlifted in the 400s and it definitely tweaked my issue then running just destroyed it. I could talk all day about this but to sum it up in season I am going to be so much smarter now that I have this experience under my belt I cant wait until I can put it to use. In April I left the team because I knew I was not going to be able to come back for the season and I also shortly after made the decision to Transfer. I loved my friends at the school but the school was not for me....just another learning experience. Summer 2011 consisted of all strength training. I had a few more injuries but nothing major. I also discovered that I needed surgery on my ankle and that was messing up my hip as well. I then began modifying workouts to fit my needs and that is what I have been doing up until now. September of 2011 I started a new life at Springfield College and I absolutely love it. In October I made the official decision to play lacrosse again. A huge chip was lifted off my shoulder when I got over my fear of injury. I told my self as long as I am smart I will not get hurt and I am sticking with that. Now we are in the month of November and I am almost a week away from my surgery. I want to get it over with and get on the road to recovery to bigger and better things I have planned in the future. All of these experiences that I have had made me who I am today. I now know my body so well that I think that I can predict if I would get hurt or not doing a certain activity. This will help me stay safe but also still go hard on all of my favorite activities. I am looking forward to the future but living in the present!

Today I played an hour of lax including wall ball and shooting

Foam rolled

Body: good
Sleep: 8hrs
Nutrition: good

No comments:

Post a Comment