About Me

My photo
I am 20 years old at Springfield College. I started Crossfit in the winter of 2008 and have went on and off with that and P90x. But since the summer of 2009 until summer of 2011 I did Crossfit then switched to Strength and Conditioning. I Played soccer lacrosse basketball and ran track throughout my life. I played lacrosse at Endicott but I was injured and did not play the entire season. Another passion is strength and conditioning which has changed my life for the better. My midterm goal is to compete in a powerlifting competition, run an ultra and run the Boston Marathon, and my ultimate long term goal is to become a Strength and Conditioning coach, a lacrosse coach, and to open my own Strength and Conditioning gym as well as break the record for bench press at 165lbs bw. Along with training for my goals I enjoy pushing my body to its limits and seeing what the human body is capable of by doing activities that require a lot of physical and mental aspects.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Well the pain I was feeling took a turn for the worse and that injury I sustained so many times is back. After a lot of thinking and talking to my dad this week I have decided that for the best I take a step away from lacrosse and finally figure out what is going on with me. I am trying to see the dr. that my dad saw because he is really good and maybe can find something out that no one else has. This decision was tough and I was in a bad place really stressed depressed and anxious. Right now I feel a lot better that everything I had to take care of is over with and everyone knows about it now. So my new plan is to go to the next thing that I love so much and that is powerlifting. I have been doing a lot of researching on 5/3/1 program and I am going to give that a shot for at least 2 cycles and then I will be doing the building up the back program by Johnny Pain. After this I will begin to focus on my new long term goal which is to break the bench record at 165lbs before I am out of my prime. The current record is in a full meet 485 and alone is 487 which if trained properly and such I think I am capable of doing which may sound crazy to some people but haters gonna hate. I am ok with my decision and after a lot of thinking it is for the best and I really can see myself shooting for this goal because it is a goal that would be so cool to reach and that is what I need in my life. I can't just train with nothing in mind thats when shit starts to go down hill. going to release some stress this weekend with one night of partying and a few nights home I believe. I begin on Monday. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment