About Me

My photo
I am 20 years old at Springfield College. I started Crossfit in the winter of 2008 and have went on and off with that and P90x. But since the summer of 2009 until summer of 2011 I did Crossfit then switched to Strength and Conditioning. I Played soccer lacrosse basketball and ran track throughout my life. I played lacrosse at Endicott but I was injured and did not play the entire season. Another passion is strength and conditioning which has changed my life for the better. My midterm goal is to compete in a powerlifting competition, run an ultra and run the Boston Marathon, and my ultimate long term goal is to become a Strength and Conditioning coach, a lacrosse coach, and to open my own Strength and Conditioning gym as well as break the record for bench press at 165lbs bw. Along with training for my goals I enjoy pushing my body to its limits and seeing what the human body is capable of by doing activities that require a lot of physical and mental aspects.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Checking In and Some Real Talk

So its been almost a week and a half since my last post and I am going to say everything is going well. I have been sticking to the plan and I couldn't be happier with my decision I have already noticed a difference in my energy and my shoulder and hip feel ten times better. S what have I been doing? I have been swimming in class and shooting around and playing wall ball a ton for lax....Which leads me to my next statement. I know I have been going back and forth on the whole lacrosse thing for about a year now and I myself and I am assuming the people around me are sick of hearing me go back and forth. Ever since this summer I have been craving lacrosse the spark that I once had before is now back and I want to get after it. Getting injured has given me time to think and reflect which I have been doing a lot of this week. I thought about what I have left in my college career and what I want to do with my life after. I mostly focused on college and right now in the moment. To me, being strong is nice and such but it is not my priority. I feel like this is my time to possibly shine as a lacrosse player at a high level and I really want that feeling of accomplishment and competitiveness back that I have been missing for oh so long. I am taking all of this time off now so that I can heal and be back at 100% come season time in the spring semester. I have no idea where I will be on the team but I feel like I need it back in my life. Getting injured last season was due to a stupid mistake of over training and was completely my fault. I pawned it off on my injury from senior year that never healed but really I re-hurt it going way to hard in season. I have always had the feeling that if I do not workout on top of the sport I will lose something. It may be so but what I have now realized is that I training is used to TRAIN for the season and not to be done in season for that very reason of getting injured like a dumbass. Being injured put me off to the idea to never play again because I did not want to go through that again but once I realized a long time later that I can control that factor for the most part that I really need lacrosse back. SO what I am trying to say here is that I have made an official decision that I am going to play lacrosse this spring season. I have a lot of support of the players and coaches here and it feels good to have them tell me to play when I said I was thinking about it. After I heal from surgery I am going to EASE back into training and eventually pick it up for about a month and get in shape for the season. I WILL work my ass off and I WILL make my goals that I will be setting in the next few days in another post.

In the mean time I am going to start using swimming as a conditioning 2 times a week or so and then maybe bike every once in a while. I will be shooting and hitting the wall almost every day I can so I am not rusty come season time.

This is it... I am finally over the mental block that has bothered me for so long....Vulnerable yes....Ready to kill it? ABSOLUTELY.

2 comments:

  1. kill it dan!!! i bet it feels like a thousand pounds lifted off your shoulders making this decision. good luck, set goals and don't look back until you achieve them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Contois, means a lot.....Congrats on that 100 that is amazing and I'd knew you do it this time around. Keep crushing it. hopefully I will be good to catch a few runs over winter break with you.

    ReplyDelete