About Me

My photo
I am 20 years old at Springfield College. I started Crossfit in the winter of 2008 and have went on and off with that and P90x. But since the summer of 2009 until summer of 2011 I did Crossfit then switched to Strength and Conditioning. I Played soccer lacrosse basketball and ran track throughout my life. I played lacrosse at Endicott but I was injured and did not play the entire season. Another passion is strength and conditioning which has changed my life for the better. My midterm goal is to compete in a powerlifting competition, run an ultra and run the Boston Marathon, and my ultimate long term goal is to become a Strength and Conditioning coach, a lacrosse coach, and to open my own Strength and Conditioning gym as well as break the record for bench press at 165lbs bw. Along with training for my goals I enjoy pushing my body to its limits and seeing what the human body is capable of by doing activities that require a lot of physical and mental aspects.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Went on a Date With Fran

12/27
Bent Row
5x135
5x5x185

7rds for time:
3 power cleans 205lbs
5 ring hspu
17:20

mob: shoulders, couch

12/28
Fran
21-15-9
Thrusters 95lbs
Pull Ups
3:10 pr and year goal!

mob: couch, sticked and rolled quads hamstrings and IT band

Tuesday I decided to do that workout because I remember that ring hspu are a weakness that I need to get better at and this would be the perfect workout. I got all power cleans decently easy taking my time on them and the first 4 rds of hspu unbroken and then it got difficult which is why my time was pretty bad. I am not mad though because I know that this was a great help for my shoulders. Wednesday was a planned workout with Ben for about a week now to do fran. Fran always makes me feel so sick thinking about it but I knew I had to do it and because I set the goal so I needed to finish out on that goal and I hit it with 5 seconds remaining. It is crazy to think that close to 2 years ago I could not get sub 4 and now I am pushing close to sub 3 which in the crossfit world is pretty respectable. Strength training definitely pays off in workouts like this. I am resting today and then hitting it hard again tomorrow and Saturday and taking Sunday off since I will not be in the best shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment