About Me

My photo
I am 20 years old at Springfield College. I started Crossfit in the winter of 2008 and have went on and off with that and P90x. But since the summer of 2009 until summer of 2011 I did Crossfit then switched to Strength and Conditioning. I Played soccer lacrosse basketball and ran track throughout my life. I played lacrosse at Endicott but I was injured and did not play the entire season. Another passion is strength and conditioning which has changed my life for the better. My midterm goal is to compete in a powerlifting competition, run an ultra and run the Boston Marathon, and my ultimate long term goal is to become a Strength and Conditioning coach, a lacrosse coach, and to open my own Strength and Conditioning gym as well as break the record for bench press at 165lbs bw. Along with training for my goals I enjoy pushing my body to its limits and seeing what the human body is capable of by doing activities that require a lot of physical and mental aspects.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 in a Nutshell and 2012 Goals

Well the year is over and it definitely had its ups and downs. This year was not my best year of my life that is for sure but it was a year for learning. After this year I feel much more mature and know my body and what I want a lot better. I spent a lot of this past year injured due to my bad judgement in programming. I lost an entire lacrosse season to it and I was not even sure if I wanted to play again since I was afraid of getting injured again. I now know that I can control the injury I sustained and will be able to play lacrosse at my new school which I am beyond excited for. In 2011 I trained a different way to what I was used to. I started lifting heavy and cutting down the conditioning sessions and to be honest it was amazing and worked out very well. I gained a lot of size and strength while still maintaining a lot of my fitness. Being strong has helped me in all aspects of my fitness and I will continue to put strength at the top of my training goals. Some of the things that I have learned this past year include listening to my body and not being a tough guy, keep on mobility because I was always not injured when I was serious into mobility, crossfit is not the end all be all of training, and most of all relax and enjoy life more. The last really big new thing that happened in 2011 was the surgery. This was my first surgery and there was a lot of thought to go into this. This injury that I got fixed caused a lot of my problems for a few years now and I am glad I finally took the initiative to get it looked out and take care of it for good. As of now I am still not 100% but it is getting there. 2011 was a decent year but the experiences I went through will make for 2012 making a great year.


2012 Goals

  • Injury Prevention
    • Log 3 days a week of mobility at least 5 minutes each time.
    • Be smart with training- no training in season and if feeling worn down take a few days off.
    • 4 week training cycles with 1 week of active recovery at the end
  • Meditate for a total of 8 minutes
  • 10 Points for lax
  • First or Second line O Mid
  • Bench 330lbs
  • Squat 385lbs
  • Press 210lbs
  • Shoulder Height Box Jump
  • Prevent stressful situations by not letting them get the best of me



These are the goals that I have come up with for this year. I am focusing on more major things instead of a lot of smaller things and I think this will encourage me to complete all of them rather than trying to get 50 goals down. I may have one or 2 more goals to be added but for now this is it. Let the new year begin. Get after it.

No comments:

Post a Comment