About Me

My photo
I am 20 years old at Springfield College. I started Crossfit in the winter of 2008 and have went on and off with that and P90x. But since the summer of 2009 until summer of 2011 I did Crossfit then switched to Strength and Conditioning. I Played soccer lacrosse basketball and ran track throughout my life. I played lacrosse at Endicott but I was injured and did not play the entire season. Another passion is strength and conditioning which has changed my life for the better. My midterm goal is to compete in a powerlifting competition, run an ultra and run the Boston Marathon, and my ultimate long term goal is to become a Strength and Conditioning coach, a lacrosse coach, and to open my own Strength and Conditioning gym as well as break the record for bench press at 165lbs bw. Along with training for my goals I enjoy pushing my body to its limits and seeing what the human body is capable of by doing activities that require a lot of physical and mental aspects.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Squat, Farmers Walk, Bball

Squat
5x155
5x225
5x275
5x320
5x255

Farmers Walk
2 plates on each bar
about a 25 yrd touch
4 touches with rest and then 2 touches with no rest between afap

Physical Therapy

2hrs of bball

mwod(couch, table top)

Body: pretty good
Sleep: 8.5hrs
Nutrition: good had some ice cream
Notes: Great day of training. Really liked doing the farmers walks. My training is now going to change for the better after reading Never Let Go by Dan John. It is a new way to look at training and I really believe that it is going to help me in the future. I also decided to run smolov to end summer after the 6hr challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Yo Dan! What are your goals for the 6hr challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hit at least a marathon I am setting them pretty low because I really have no idea what I am capable of in this situation. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say a marathon is a great goal. You got six hours to play with. I think its a 3 mile loop course, so you figure you run conservative and get two loops in per hour (25 min each plus a few minutes at the aid station). That works out to 36 miles total. Now thats not accounting for fatigue, which will def happen. I'd say you will hit around 30 if I was betting man. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks a lot should be a good experience

    ReplyDelete