About Me

My photo
I am 20 years old at Springfield College. I started Crossfit in the winter of 2008 and have went on and off with that and P90x. But since the summer of 2009 until summer of 2011 I did Crossfit then switched to Strength and Conditioning. I Played soccer lacrosse basketball and ran track throughout my life. I played lacrosse at Endicott but I was injured and did not play the entire season. Another passion is strength and conditioning which has changed my life for the better. My midterm goal is to compete in a powerlifting competition, run an ultra and run the Boston Marathon, and my ultimate long term goal is to become a Strength and Conditioning coach, a lacrosse coach, and to open my own Strength and Conditioning gym as well as break the record for bench press at 165lbs bw. Along with training for my goals I enjoy pushing my body to its limits and seeing what the human body is capable of by doing activities that require a lot of physical and mental aspects.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Press, ring dips, wod, Du's

Burpee challenge day 9

Shoulder Press 5-3-1-1-1
115-135-165-175pr-180f

3x max rep ring dips
31,27,28

3rds for time
400m run
15 pull up
50 squats
15 pull ups
11:20

Double under work for about 15 mins

mwod

body:surprisingly good
sleep: 9hrs
nutrition:good
notes:So today I just did press to find out my max there and I ended up getting 175 which exceeds my 2011 goal of 170 already. Maybe I underestimated what I could do for shoulder press so I am going to re asses my press and move it up to 185 for my 1 rep. I am also going to start doing a lot more dips because i read an awesome article the other day on how good they are and can help with many lifts. This wod was a really good one I really did not loose much endurance which is exciting. I am going to start doing double under work a few times a week too because I need to be very efficient in them to complete one goal of 1000 double unders for time. This week I will get the deadlift in at some point. This week I am also going to do at least 2 or 3 more endurance work outs to be ready for lax. I have figured out my program during lax I will be starting it after hell week and see how it goes if its to much to little or just right. I want to make gains during lax for sure. The programming is as follows:



Monday
Squat – 3x5 sets across
Press- 3x5 sets across
Chins/Pull-ups – 3 sets of as many reps as possible

Tuesday
Power Clean – 5x3, sets across
Dips – 3 sets of as many reps as possible
Conditioning

Wednesday
Off or Skill Day

Thursday
Squat – 3x5, sets across
Bench Press – 3x5, sets across
Dips – 3 sets of as many reps as possible

Friday
Deadlift – 3x3 sets across
Pull-ups – 3 sets of as many reps as possible
Conditioning

Saturday
Off or Skill Day

Sunday
Optional Conditioning


• Conditioning = either lacrosse practice or crossfit workout depending on the day and how I feel
• Most of my games fall on Wednesday and Saturday that’s why they are rest days but I have a few Tuesday games and Thursday games when that times come I will adjust
• Diet will be primal with whole milk
• Begin this after a few rest days after hell week

No comments:

Post a Comment