About Me

My photo
I am 20 years old at Springfield College. I started Crossfit in the winter of 2008 and have went on and off with that and P90x. But since the summer of 2009 until summer of 2011 I did Crossfit then switched to Strength and Conditioning. I Played soccer lacrosse basketball and ran track throughout my life. I played lacrosse at Endicott but I was injured and did not play the entire season. Another passion is strength and conditioning which has changed my life for the better. My midterm goal is to compete in a powerlifting competition, run an ultra and run the Boston Marathon, and my ultimate long term goal is to become a Strength and Conditioning coach, a lacrosse coach, and to open my own Strength and Conditioning gym as well as break the record for bench press at 165lbs bw. Along with training for my goals I enjoy pushing my body to its limits and seeing what the human body is capable of by doing activities that require a lot of physical and mental aspects.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Guess I gotta cope

Morning

2 Squats on the min for 12 mins at 80% of 1rm (265lbs)

Box Jumps 6x2 @ 36 in.

3x20 GHDs
3x20 BEs

8rds:
20yrd-40yrd-20yrd shuttle
*rest 45 secs between each

Body:Everything good but elbow
Sleep: 8hrs
Nutrition: good had some ice cream
Notes: Well to start off I am a lot more calm than I was yesterday about my injury. I am still really pissed off and frustrated but I need to take this injury as a sign. It is telling me that I did to much with it and wore it down to the point of an injury. As for the burpee challenge...I was 9 days away from finishing I am going to put it on pause until I am good to go and then finish out the 9 days even though it wont be the same. I just need to do what is right and what is right now is to take all the pressure off of my elbow. So what I can do is work on my weakness of running which I will be doing a lot until I am back. Along with running I will be squatting twice a weak and working hard on my vertical and lots of core work as well. Shit sucks but this same injury has happened to to many people I know and I really want to becareful about it so I can get back as fast as possible with being safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment