About Me

My photo
I am 20 years old at Springfield College. I started Crossfit in the winter of 2008 and have went on and off with that and P90x. But since the summer of 2009 until summer of 2011 I did Crossfit then switched to Strength and Conditioning. I Played soccer lacrosse basketball and ran track throughout my life. I played lacrosse at Endicott but I was injured and did not play the entire season. Another passion is strength and conditioning which has changed my life for the better. My midterm goal is to compete in a powerlifting competition, run an ultra and run the Boston Marathon, and my ultimate long term goal is to become a Strength and Conditioning coach, a lacrosse coach, and to open my own Strength and Conditioning gym as well as break the record for bench press at 165lbs bw. Along with training for my goals I enjoy pushing my body to its limits and seeing what the human body is capable of by doing activities that require a lot of physical and mental aspects.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Open wod 3....and another injury

Burpee Challenge Day 90

Afternoon:

"Open Wod 3"

Amrap 5 mins
Squat Clean 165lbs
Jerk 165lbs
17rds



Pull ups 11-15-10-10-17(max)

Evening:

mwod (10min squat test)

Body:elbow bothering me....
Sleep:8.5hrs
Nutrition: Good
Notes: Well you know how my elbows been bothering me? Ya another injury sent my way...After todays open workout my elbow felt I just threw a 20 inning baseball game. It isnt a terrible pain to wear I can't stand its a dull pain but its there and it hurts and it makes my elbow feel weak. Now I am forced to take time off to make sure I do not further injure it. I am not a happy camper about this one. This means no more anything that involves the elbow so basically everything I do besides squats, core work, and running.... I am beyond frustrated at this point with another injury, and I am really at a loss for words. I can't stand being injured and I seem to just keep getting injured in the most random ways. I do not even know how I hurt my elbow for this one. I am going to retest my elbow on monday and hopefully that will be all the time I need to take off but I highly doubt it. Tomorrow I am going to dynamic squats and a sprinting workout or maybe endurance instead we will see. Oh and I am not giving up burpees I am so close to finishing that I am going to finish the fucking challenge no matter what. The workout was very humbling as well I did not expect to get that little amount of work done. It got a lot heavier a lot faster than I thought. Moving on from this shitty day.

4 comments:

  1. I know how this feels. REST and recover. Tough to do but its the only effective way. Like you said, still exercise just don't use the elbow joint. Lot's of lower body strength training, run, bike, swim. I haven't done pull-ups in a year and its the first time in my life that I have no pain in my elbows (although I have been crushing the shuttlecock lately and am waiting for my elbow to scream at me!!!). Be positive and remain focused, you will get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya just sucks that time is the only thing that helps. But hey maybe we can hit up a run soon and a game of badminton since its only my left elbow that hurts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better bring your "A" game on the badminton court. I've been wiping your brother all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is because Bryan is no where near my level on the court...you know that.

    ReplyDelete