About Me

My photo
I am 20 years old at Springfield College. I started Crossfit in the winter of 2008 and have went on and off with that and P90x. But since the summer of 2009 until summer of 2011 I did Crossfit then switched to Strength and Conditioning. I Played soccer lacrosse basketball and ran track throughout my life. I played lacrosse at Endicott but I was injured and did not play the entire season. Another passion is strength and conditioning which has changed my life for the better. My midterm goal is to compete in a powerlifting competition, run an ultra and run the Boston Marathon, and my ultimate long term goal is to become a Strength and Conditioning coach, a lacrosse coach, and to open my own Strength and Conditioning gym as well as break the record for bench press at 165lbs bw. Along with training for my goals I enjoy pushing my body to its limits and seeing what the human body is capable of by doing activities that require a lot of physical and mental aspects.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Press, Wod, Pull ups, Sprints, Leg Levers, Flutterkicks

Burpee Challenge Day 81

Afternoon:

Press 5-5-5
155-165f 5th rep-165

5rds for time:
Anyway Overhead 17lbs for first rd then dropped to 165lbs
10 burpees
8:46

Pull ups Day 2
9-12-9-9-16(max)

Late Afternoon:

Complete 16 40yrd sprints... Start clock and do one sprint every 30 seconds rest is the remander of the 30 seconds keep clock running

3x20 leg levers
3x20 4 ct flutterkicks

Body: lower back is sore
Sleep: 6.5hrs plus 30min nap
Nutrition: great
Notes: I am extremely pumped with the pr I have been stuck on that last rep for a few weeks now and it really felt good to finally bang it out. I started off the workout thinking that 175lbs would be perfectly manageable and it was....for the first rd and once I came up from the burpees I knew that I was going have to drop the weight to 165lbs. It made it a lot better workout and It was still really heavy. On the sprints I can still feel my injury but it wasnt to bad. I am convinced that it is because my hips are really out of line so I am working to get those back in line. Tomorrow I will be resting and getting ready for the the open workout number 2 which was announced tonight. It is amrpa 15 mins 155lbs deadlift 9 reps 12 crossfit style push ups 15 box jumps 24". I am happy to see that because I think it plays to a lot of my strengths. My goal is to place better in our region than I did last week. Last week I was 491 of 1241 I really think it is possible to do better. I am not sure where I am going to do the workout yet. I am going to see if my dad can get me into the highschool gym after school thursday or maybe go to Bens gym. All I know is that I need Ben there to video tape me and push me through another tough workout. I am so ready for it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment